Saturday, July 2, 2016

Snowflake Shimmer Quilt Along by Quilting Jetgirl

Have you heard about the Yvonne @ Quilting Jetgirl's new Quilt Along called Snowflake Shimmer that started yesterday?  By following along with the quilt along, you can have a winter themed quilt all finished by the time it gets cold!



I love all of Yvonne's quilt designs and this one does not disappoint.  I had the honor of being one of her pattern reviewers and am excited to announce that I am also one of the quilt along sponsors (one of many wonderful sponsors).  This is not a mystery quilt, so hop over to Quilting Jetgirl to see the design.

I really wanted to make a Snowflake Shimmer of my very own, but I did not have time to commit to the full sized quilt (72 ½ʺ x 88 ½ʺ) so I decided to make a mini Snowflake Shimmer for my sewing room wall.  Yvonne's instructions are so well written, it was easy for me to scale the instructions down by 4x.

Here is a picture of the fabrics I am using for the mini quilt.  I am making the quilt from my stash; Widescreen Crosshatch in black by Carolyn Friedlander for Robert Kaufman, Cotton Couture in Candlelight from Michael Miller, and Kona Cotton in Turquoise by Robert Kaufman.



There is a great Facebook group so everyone can share their fabrics and in-progress pics.  I look forward to quilting along with everyone!!


10 comments:

  1. Thanks for your help and support, Cheryl. I am excited to see your version develop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the idea of a mini - I'm off to buy some fabric to join in- have white but nothing else!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea!! I may try this, too, since I love the pattern and would love to play along, but just don't have time to make a full quilt! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great idea, I am in for a mini/wall hanging too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to know on the easy scaling, as I was cringing a bit when I aaw how big it is! I planned to join in all along, but so many things to do, among them a certain favourite quilter's upcoming Mystery! Love your fabric pull, but I, like you, LOVE blue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheryl, I adore your designs and thanks for telling us about Yvonne's QAL. I like that you made a smaller version for your quilting room. I want to make a quilt for my son's CA king bed and wonder if this could be enlarged. I know most any pattern can be enlarged and wonder if this would be difficult to do. I wanted to ask Yvonne and couldn't find a place to leave her a message and there doesn't seem to be a discussion on her Facebook page yet and I'm pending for approval for admittance to the group anyhow. My son is an adult with two children and I just found out that he really doesn't like red, so I think this would be an ideal pattern for him. He's into science and math, too. My daughter asked me to make her a quilt from her t-shirts from her college sorority which she thought all of them were long gone. It's been 3 years and I haven't started yet because we can't agree on sashing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Different look! Should be interesting and fun.
    doitrightquilter.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great pattern for a wall hanging. Looking forward to seeing your mini version come together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never thought about doing a mini version. We had a small shopping spree at our house this weekend and purchased material to join in and sew along with Yvonne. Now we are just waiting for the mystery to start :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a mini in mind also and playing around with two different versions. Your mini sounds like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment!